Tuesday 2 September 2008

Happy Centenary!!

This is my 100th post.

I wanted my 100th post to be a happy one, or something special, to celebrate 100 times of extreme time wasting on Blogger.

But instead my hundredth post will be this:

You and I, GUG, are no longer friends. I will never speak to you again. I can't block you from my Blog but I will not be going to yours ever again. If you show face here or in my inbox you will be ignored. Princess and I have put up with you mistreating us for too long and for me this is officially the end. Don't think this is done out of anger though, sure it contains a small amount of spite and vengeance but there is no anger here. Not even annoyance, simply cold calculation and my conclusion is that you are not the sort of person I want to know.

Sorry Princess, for dragging you into this, but you're not online to consult with right now and frankly I've had enough. I'm cutting him off and I am sorry that you'll most likely get caught in the middle.

I am aware that this is taking things to far but that's just too bad.

See, he and I were joking around yesterday, a continuation of that Comrade thing he started in response to Petesmama's kwanjula post. As usual it was amusing but apparently I was not my usual feisty self, he was right, I was being restrained. So I made an effort to give him what he wanted, despite my better judgement and I told him exactly what I thought and things stopped being so funny.

In case you were not aware GUG is marrying me off, as his little sister, to Comrade. I'm totally cool with it, even though in essence he is selling me to Comrade. But since I actually like Comrade I really don't mind either way. All was fine until I wanted to know how much he reckoned I was worth (50 cows and two cars). But instead I was told that "Women are not supposed to talk money. Or possessions. It is, err, demeaning to womanhood". And this is where it got nasty and stopped being a joke.

He had either not read the signals that stated this was not a topic I wanted to discuss or he was just pushing me on purpose because that's something he seems to like to do. So GUG, this is an absolutely non-joking, non-sarcastic version of what I said, since you didn't get it the first time around.

And just so you know, I am no feminist. Feminism pisses me off, too extreme, overbearing machoness also pisses me off. I loath seeing men or women throwing their weight around claiming to be better than the other sex for whatever brilliant reasons they've come up with.

The middle way is generally best.

So when I'm being told that because I am a girl I am not allowed to do something, think something, say something, that's hardly going to sit well with me. I would NEVER tell a boy that he is not allowed to do something because he is a man. I would not exclude someone based on gender. I would not stoop so low as to presume that based simply upon someones gender that I know better than them or even have some kind of right to tell them what to do.

And GUG you're right, I've forgotten the difference between us. Or maybe I never knew it in the first place. Because the only difference I see is that I'm from a generation that has complete sexual equality and sees no point in raising one sex above the other in any situation.

Also GUG, I do understand, you're not speaking in code, I can understand you. But just because I understand you does not mean I agree with you.

And yes, I was a little harsh and said that his customs were sexist but most customs are either sexist or just plain stupid. Like eating chocolate on Easter. Or everyone following Coca Cola's Santa unquestioningly. And yes, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and in my opinion GUG is hypocritical. When someone whinges and whines about being treated as less than human because of their sexuality, something you have no control over and then turns around and declares, even jokingly, that because I'm a girl I just don't have the same rights as a boy, that is being hypoctritical.

And in that case GUG, if, as a woman, my place is on my knees before a man, then your place, as a homosexual, is prison.

In other words, I'm tired of your bitching and I'm tired of you imposing your 'male rights' on me. I'm tired of your complete disregard for mine and Princess' feelings and I don't like the way you come crawling back all apologies and sweetness and then hurt us all over again.

And one last thing, this was never about Africa. This was about your personal need to show how manly you are by putting others down. And you're right, I won't be googling African Women because this is not about African women, this really has nothing to do with Africa anything. It's simply that whether being serious or joking it's not acceptable to put an entire group beneath you just so you can feel better. And I'm not going delving into your past posts, so if you have written posts about how wonderful women are that makes what you said even worse.

Of course maybe you just really dumb, or maybe you just like to play with people or maybe you're just not that great at reading social situations and you often tend to accidentally go too far.

I don't know and I don't really care but I do not surround myself with people who are sexist or racist and I would be stupid to continue to hang around you when for almost the exact same reason I have cut contact with other friends.

GUG, you are no longer welcome here.

20 comments:

  1. Sorry to see this friendship falling. I want to think GUG was joking and all but then again, I didn't see it for what it really was. Probably.

    ReplyDelete
  2. N8t, go to sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cane and Abel! No. Cane and Annabel.

    here's ((((((((((((D)))))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Det, i have read thru the comments at gug's and it does sound very much like harmless banter. maybe gone a bit far, seeing as you have never been here and can not understand it(the banter) all properly. But i do not think this is cause for alarm. unless there's other things you are not telling us. Now kiss and make up

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Centennial DeT.

    Damn, I see shit hit the fan. Splattering all over.

    This one I will watch fromt he sidelines.

    SOCKS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. me i will wish you hapee 100th. we are celebrating together i see, topic just not too different, about relationships we speaks abouts....

    ReplyDelete
  7. and I love you too DeTs.
    @antipop there is no such a thing as HARMLESS banter
    when some one is abusing you...even verbally.

    Your place is at the back of the bus...hahaha...because you are black...hahaha

    Get on your knees and suck my dick...hahahaha... woman...hahaha

    You, with blonde hair, what do you think– wait, you cant think ...hahaha

    HARMLESS BANTER Shit.

    Nobody has a right to tell another that they are unqualified to do, to think, to be, just because of their skin color, sex, sexuality, body type...because of who they are.

    ReplyDelete
  8. sorry i went off like that on your blog DeTs.

    but then again, I cant rant on my own *blog* for some unknown virus that has infested me...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Cherie.

    This one, I'll watch from the sidelines.

    And then I iterate antipop.

    Cherie?? Socks???

    ReplyDelete
  10. party over here!!!

    happy century thingy thing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy 100, Tambs. I officially give you a complimentary for a glass/bottle/gourd/pot of whatever you'd like to drink on your first night in Ug.

    (Better print this out and keep it as evidence coz if you come over when I am broke I may try to wheedle out of it!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. congratulations...

    @ antipop... don't think they'll be any of that making up. it seems that this really went deep for detamble...

    ReplyDelete
  13. hmmmm. Hmmmmmmm.

    [mulling it over]

    Sulk. Sulk. Sulk.

    Hmmmmm. Hmmmmmmm.

    [Guess I have to say something?]

    Thanks for your previous friendship.

    gug

    ReplyDelete
  14. damn!!!! got here after the apology!
    now when shit normally hits the fan, i suggest you just close your mouth, so it don't enter, and two; close your ass [aahhh...no puns here} so no more shit comes out.

    @phobe: "Get on your knees and suck my dick...hahahaha... woman...hahaha"

    i am strictly against the idea of saying that women shouldn't kneel down coz in fairness i have come across some situations where they couldn't do it otherwise, and you must agree, doing it on both your feet would hurt like a matha!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Late to the party as usual... I did contribute to our 'family' squabble' and all... but I took it as light-hearted banter.

    But I can understand if you thought it was taken too far. We all have our principals and I respect you for sticking to yours.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Kakaire: You took my virginity!

    @Even Steven: It's alright. We're on speaking terms, vaguely.

    @Antipop: Annabel?! I have a doll called Annabel.

    @Antipop: FUCK NO! Of course there is stuff I'm not telling you...

    @Cheri: It's alright, I'll bring you some in a cup.

    @Antipop: I said in a cup. She can stand over there if she likes. We'll BRING it TO her.

    @3133733333: THANKS :D Whooo 100 posts old!!

    @Phoebe: Yay! Love!!! And finally someone who said something useful! *bows* Thanks, nice to have backup.

    @Phoebe: No, no that's fine!! Do it as often as you want! Anything at all, my blog is yours.

    @DK: Want some in a cup too? Don't want you to feel too left out.

    @Tandra: *boogies*

    @Petesmama: I want to drink the blood of a 100 Acholi virgins...

    @Sybella: You're quite right.

    @Be Silent: *waves*

    @GUG: *grumbles* We may speak, from time to time but only if Princess is there to mediate.

    @Spartakuss: HAHAH your mouth! Ewww :P And maybe you haven't found the more flexible ones, or perhaps you shouldn't date giraffes.

    @Cheri: But nothing.

    @WildeY: Lazy Kenyan. Nah I'm kidding :D Australians are way way way way lazier and nothing you do can take that title away from us! Thanks for respecting me for sticking to my principles. And can I just say one thing...AFFAIR!!

    ReplyDelete