Tuesday 4 March 2008

Nervous

Yesterday I met a boy at a bus stop, well man actually. He's 29. He asked how old I was, I told him and then I asked how old he was. He said guess. I guessed mid 30s. I think I offended him slightly. He does look old though, I was being polite when I said 30s, I was really thinking 40s. He said he's stressed. He said he's studying a Masters in International Relations. I told him I was also studying International Relations. We chatted. He offered to be a sort of mentor if I needed any help or another point of view. He was nice. He had one white hair on his head. I remembered when my daddy used to make me pull out his white hairs and we would laugh and wonder if seven more would grow in their place. The International Relations man asked me for my number, I gave it to him, he gave me his. We organised to hang out on Thursday so that we could argue our different political, moral and religious views. We got on the bus and chatted a bit more. He's from Sudan and sometimes I can't understand what he says but mostly it was fine. He got off much earlier then I did and I realised I was actually shaking slightly. Was it an adrenaline rush or did he make me really nervous? I don't know, though I didn't feel nervous. He said he'd call on Thursday to arrange exactly where to meet. I don't know if he will call but I would like it if he did.

8 comments:

  1. Will you be nervous if he calls? Will you agree to meet him? Was he hot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shaking has a name: It's called the urge to merge. ;o) Lay him! CCCHHHAAARRRGGGEEE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Carlo, I think I'll be nervous if he calls, but really pleased, definitely going to meet him if he does call. If he doesn't call then obviously I have been shunned and then I will have to track him down and kill him. Was he hot? Hmmm, haven't decided yet. He wasn't ugly though. I liked his body but his face looked old, he looked as though he lives with a lot stress. Nice guy, really nice.

    @27th, you know sometimes I can't decide who is worse, you or me? Well I always wanted to lay a black dude, here's my chance! Haha! White on Black, the contrast appeals to me. Urge to merge, 27th? I like that phrase, I'm stealing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did he call yet???

    -Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. HE CALLED! Just like he said he would! At 8:48am. 20 points to him, I love people who call when they say they're going to call. I missed when he called though, because the cat had knocked my mobile under my bed so I had to call him back. I think maybe what makes me nervous is that I miss every 12th word he says because our accents are so different. Hahaha. On another note I'm getting mushies tonight! :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. is it spring in australia?
    (visit my blog to understand the question). that might explain the connection between u two and the adrenaline rush... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh yeah.. u didnt say if he was hott???

    let us know what happens on thursday...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok Madame, this is the longest it's been without a post from u!

    -Wassup

    ReplyDelete